Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who do I call with building questions?
How do I get a permit?
- Signed application with all required documents listed on the application.
- Example: Plot plan showing alterations or additions; Picture or drawing of structure addition or improvement; Elevations as needed, paint samples as well as roof color name.
Most common permit requests: Fences, decks, repainting, reroofing, sheds, and new homes.
Is my lot buildable?
To determine sewer availability, property owner should contact Village Waste Water Company at 479-855-7613.
If septic required, the desired house plan footprint along with septic field design footprint must fit within the building setbacks of the lot. Front and some side setbacks are platted. Property owner should contact City of Bella Vista Community Development Services Department to confirm nonplatted setbacks as well as City building requirements.
In addition, property owner should contact Health Department Designated Representative/septic designer for soil analysis and determination of required septic system size. https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/designated-representatives
Property owner should contact a surveyor to obtain a survey of the property as needed. The ACC does NOT locate property pins or have guidelines for clearing lots.
The ACC does not recommend any surveyor or Health Department Designated Representative.
Where can I get a plot plan for my property?
How do I find my septic system?
How do I find a plat of a Bella Vista lot?
To find a plat of a (vacant) lot in Bella Vista, you will need to do the following:
- Visit www.bentoncountyar.gov/gis/.
- Select ???Go to map??? button and accept disclaimer
- On the Basemap page find the search box.
Go to Select search layer to begin and choose from the drop down and select:a. Plat Scans by Parcel ID orb. Plat Scans by Subdivision
- In Search box type in parcel number if Parcel ID selected or type in Subdivision if sub or S-T-R selected.
- Choose plat link from search results.
Can I put an accessory structure/detached garage on my vacant lot next door to my house?
What is the minimum size house I can build on my lot?
Lake lots vary from 1200 square feet and up. Please review http://www.bvacc.com/permits/minimum-house-square-footage-by-subdivision/ to determine minimum square footage for the dwelling. Also note that a garage or carport is required and is not included in the minimum square footage.