PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE BELLA VISTA VILLAGE ACC
CAMPAIGN SIGNS – RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
Protective Covenant 18, as adopted in the Declaration, limits signs on residential property to temporary advertising for property for sale and construction signs which shall not exceed 5 square feet in area. However, during the political season the ACC, as it has in the past, will take a much less restrictive position regarding the residential signage regulations.
Campaign signs may be posted on residential property following the less restrictive procedure if they meet these guidelines:
- Signs may not be erected earlier than 60 calendar days prior to Election Day.
- One sign per candidate per property location is allowed. Maximum number of signs shall be one sign for every 20 feet of street frontage the property borders.
- Maximum size per sign is 5 square feet.
- Signs may not be placed on utility poles, street signs, stop signs, POA signs and may not be placed in the road rights-of-way or on Common Property.
- Signs (and posts) must be removed from the property within 5 calendar days after Election Day.
To place campaign signs on commercial property the candidate, or their representative, must obtain a sign permit from the ACC. This permit is good for any location where permission has been given by the land owner and there will not be a charge for the permit.